Qualcomms's eMMC download tool is used to do a complete installation of low-level software, bootloader and operating system.
This application is verified on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
It is not verified on other Windows platforms.
Unpack the TXSDUpdateTool-2017-02-15.zip archive to your PC. There is no installation required.
Close BOOTMODE jumper
Only the USB connection is needed for the first step.
Depending on your PC it may take a while for the USB connection to get established.
- Use a terminal program like Putty (115200, 8N1)
- use the RS232 DB9 connector.
An USB Ethernet adapter is used for Ethernet. The TXSD provides only one USB port on the Mini-USB connector. The large USB type A connector is not usable.
- Unplug the PC USB connection.
- Use the cord power supply on the 5VDC jack
- Connect the USB Ethernet adaptor to the Mini-USB port.
The ethernet adapter is recognised after a "usb reset"